Krabi 4 Island by Speed Boat
This is a popular day trip from Ao Nang, taking in the group of islands closest to the coast – the ones that can be seen on the horizon from the beach. The four islands are Koh Poda, Koh Gai (Chicken Island), Koh Tub and Koh Mor; and the tour also stops off at the beautiful Phra Nang Cave Beach on the Railay peninsula. This beach, inaccessible by road, is considered to be one of the most beautiful strips of sand in the world.
Koh Poda is famous for its white beaches and turquoise water; the huge rock in front of it (pictured above) has been featured on countless postcards, screeensavers and tourist brochures, so don’t miss the opportunity to snap your own photo memory here. The cruise around the “head” of Chicken Island, with the odd rocky outcrop that earned it its name also makes a good photo op. Fun fact: Chicken Island is really called “Axe Island” or Koh Hua Gwan; it was dubbed “that chicken island” by Krabi’s first tourists and the nickname stuck. At low tide, the boat will stop between Chicken Island with the two tiny islands of Koh Mor and Koh Tub, where you will have the opportunity to walk along the sweeping three-pronged sandbar that links the three together.
There will also be a couple of stops at open water snorkeling sites, which could be near Koh Yawasam, a rocky outcrop with fairly intact coral reefs and decent marine life, or at the rear of Chicken Island, depending on the day. Snorkeling here is average due to years of heavy boat traffic. Itinerary order varies throughout the month, so that the sandbar can be reached at low tide (at high tide it is barely visible) and will include a picnic lunch (or BBQ dinner) on one of the islands or beaches.
08.30 am. : Pick up from Krabi hotel.
09.00 am. : Depart from the pier to Tub Island by speed boat.
09.30 am. : Arrive at Tub Island, relaxing and swimming.
10.15 am. : Go to Chicken Island; snorkelling & sight seeing.
11.00 am. : Arrive at Poda. Free time for swimming, snorkelling.
12.00 pm. : Picnic lunch (Lunch Box).
13.00 pm. : Go to Pranang Bay, visit Pranang Cave.
14.00 pm. : Retrun to hotel
- Land Transfer by air-conditioned vehicle
- Trip by Speed Boat with licensed tour leader
- Soft drinks. Fruit. Snacks & drinking water
- Snorkeling equipment
- Marine National park entrance fees
- The itinerary and timing above are approximate and may be modified without notice due to the weather and sea conditions or any other reason are made for safety.
- Trips are not recommended for pregnant, children under 1 year and people suffering from any medical or physical disability.
Recommend to bring
- Swim wear, Sun block, Sunglasses Beach towel, Slippers, Camera, Pocket money ** Fins for rent 100฿/ Pair**
4 Island Tour by Speed Boat (Picnic Lunch)